the sltb was reconstituted by sri lanka transport board act no 25 of 2005 and is the successor to the ceylon transport board (1958-1978), sri lanka central transport board and regional boards (1978-2005), peoplized transport service (1990-1997) and the regional transport companies (1997-2005).
- to provide an efficient passenger service by bus throughout the country, while competing with the private sector under regulated market conditions.
- to provide bus services for services of a socially necessary service for which specific subsides are provided by the regulator
- to become the market leader in the provision of qualitative bus transport services by improving in reliability and safety, customer care.
- to maintain designated bus terminals and to improve the services at such terminals for passenger benefit.
- to become financially efficient and independent to compete with private sector in the long term.
- to be available for deployment in emergency situations.
contact details :
sri lanka transport board
|tel. no||: +94-11-2581120-9|
organization informationministry of transport
mr channa dias
telephones:+94 11 2 687105, +94 11 2 669307, +94 11 2 682952 ,+94 11 2 684299
fax nos:+94 11 2 684930, +94 11 2 689454