basic eligibility and requirements
menders of the public may obtain these services as follows:
- those who serve under unfavorable health and environmental conditions.
- to investigate following positions in the factory premises concerned on the request of the employer.
- inspection of health conditions of the premises concerned on the request of the government or any other health organization
- granting certificate on quality at the instance of consumers and customers.
- in case of prevalence of conditions, unfavorable to the health of the ordinary public who live in proximity to the industry.
note: the department will not entertain complaints if the above requirements are not satisfied.
complaints not related to the abovementioned facts will not be accepted.
- providing information which is not valid
- when the institution is not functioning
- when addresses are not given in the complaint.
- when related laws are enforced according to the complaint.
- when relies are not received to letters sent on the complaint,
methods of submission
- should be sent to the commissioner of labour / deputy commissioner of labour, industrial safety division.
- applicant may submit his complaint even by a letter (there are no specimen forms for complaints)
- complaints can be made in person or over the telephone.
note: no supporting document is required to obtain this service
application forms: no specimen form has been designed for the purpose
step by step procedure
step 1: to obtain this service applicant s can make their complaints or requests in writing / over the telephone to the deputy commissioner of labour, environmental assurance division.
step 2: registration of complaint in the section concerned.
step 3: officers will take action according to the register.
step 4: officers to inspect the premises for the second time for preliminary inquiries.
step 5: inspection of the premises for the second time for future investigations.
step 6: reparation of a report embodying all the data and information obtained through inspections.
step 7: sending the report to the applicant with a copy to employees assurance division.
time taken for the service
time taken for preparation: the division conducts health quality inspections in a very wide scale and therefore time taken the service will differ from case to case.
time for submission: complaints or request can be submitted by letter as follows.
|working days||- from monday to friday|
|opening hours of counters||- from 09:00 a.m to 12:00 noon, from 01:30 p.m to 05:00 p.m|
|holidays||- applications will not be accepted on public holidays|
period of validity: validity period of a complaint will be the period taken for reconciliation of the complaint and the time taken to send the report to the applicant.
expenditure on the service
application fees: no fee is charged for sending applications. no specimen forms have been designed.
charges: the service is free of charge
fines: fines will be imposed in accordance with rules and regulations or the division and the act.
supporting documents: no additional letters or documents are required
|deputy commissioner||dr. vajira||environmental assurance division||jawatta rd, colombo 05||+94-11-2582731||+94-11-2582731|
|deputy commissioner||m. palipana||environmental assurance division||jawatta rd, colombo 05||+94-11-2582731||+94-11-2582731|
special circumstances: nil
specimen data and specimen application forms: nil
organization informationdepartment of labour
mr. w. r. kularathna bandara
telephones:+94 11 2581142/3, +94 11 2581146,+94 11 2581148, +94 11 2369373
fax nos:+94 11 2581145