obtaining a new identity card after amending the information of the existing id card or to replace the existing damaged id card.
- from the grama niladhari of the applicant’s residential area;
- from the estate superintendant (if the applicant resides in an estate);
necessary documents to be submitted to amend the existing id:
- duly completed rpd form 8
- existing nic
- five colour photographs of the size of 1 ⅜” x ⅞”
- stamps to a value of rs. 15/=
- if the name, date of birth and relevant information of the applicant have been changed or not legible in the current id card, original , probable age certificate or the “results of search of registers” need to be submitted.
- school leaving certificate
- certificate of baptism
- copies of birth certificates of children of the applicant, (if the date of birth of the applicant indicated )
- extract of the of the applicant
- of sri lanka (if the date of birth indicated)
- estate leaving certificate (if the date of birth indicated)
- certified copies of relevant pages of the passport
- registration card issued by the estate superintendent
- horoscope (if available)
- women applicants, who wish to include husband’s family name in the id card need to submit the original & a copy of the marriage certificate. if the name, date of birth and relevant information of the applicant have been changed or not legible in the current id card, original or probable age certificate need to be submitted.
- if the number of the current id card is not legible, documentary evidence is required to confirm that nic number has used in the past. (i.e. certified copies of passport, driving license etc.)
- applicants, who wish to include their occupation/designation in the id card, should submit a service certificate obtained during the last three months. professionals also need to submit documentary evidence, in case if they wish to include their profession in the id card. (i.e. engineers, doctors, accountants, lawyers should submit relevant degree certificates). in case of the businessmen, they need to submit a certified copy of the business registration certificate.
- procedure to be confirm the priest status of applicants-
- buddhist cleric should submit the “certificate of ordain” or “upasampada certificate” issued by the department of buddhist affairs
- “dasasil matha” should submit the registration certificate issued by the department of buddhist affairs
- islamic priest should submit the certificate issued by the department of islamic religious affairs
- hindu priest should submit the certificate issued by the department of hindu religious affairs
- catholic priest should submit certificate issued by the head of relevant catholic religious chapters
- applicants, who have changed the status of buddhist clergy, should submit a certificate issued by the department of buddhist affairs to this effect.
applicant, who needs to include other names in the id card, should submit documentary evidence and an affidavit obtained from a justice of peace (jp) to certify that the other names have been used in the past.
organization informationdepartment of registration of persons
mr. a.p.g. roshan amarasinghe